- Layher introduces Allround Lightweight system scaffoldingPosted 6 days ago
- Major scaffolding collapse could’ve happened in ManchesterPosted 11 days ago
- Company boss fined after scaffolder fell to his deathPosted 13 days ago
- XERVON Palmers London Bridge Station roof project nears completionPosted 17 days ago
- Inquest into Rugby Cement scaffolder death beginsPosted 17 days ago
Crane Crashes Into Brooklyn Bridge Scaffolding
New York’s iconic Brooklyn Bridge has been hit by a crane being towed by a barge.
The crane smashed into scaffolding that is attached to the underside of the bridge ripping a 50ft hole in the structure.
The scaffolding was being used by workers to repaint the bridge but there were no reports of injuries after the accident, which happened during the night.
Officials have said there does not appear to be any structural damage to the bridge, which crosses the East River and connects Manhattan and Brooklyn.
But the accident caused heavy traffic delays on the bridge and its approaches.None found.