- Layher introduces Allround Lightweight system scaffoldingPosted 5 days ago
- Major scaffolding collapse could’ve happened in ManchesterPosted 9 days ago
- Company boss fined after scaffolder fell to his deathPosted 11 days ago
- XERVON Palmers London Bridge Station roof project nears completionPosted 15 days ago
- Inquest into Rugby Cement scaffolder death beginsPosted 16 days ago
Road Closed After Scaffold Collapse
Balham High Road, Wandsworth has been closed off after scaffolding erected outside a building on the street collapsed this morning.
Firefighters were called at 3.20am to remove the 10m by 8m scaffolding tower, which was lying in the road and on the pavement opposite Sainsbury’s.
An infra-red camera and lights were used to make sure nobody was trapped underneath. A spokesman confirmed no one was hurt in the incident.
The road remained closed at 9am and traffic in the area has been severely affected.