This role offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a very successful business which is steadily growing year on year. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that believe in rewarding hard work with a long-term career, including a competitive salary with benefits and performance related bonus scheme.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing, coordinating and motivating a work force ensuring that teams are working to maximum efficiency. Candidates should also have an in-depth knowledge of the Scaffolding industry, including standards and regulations.
Candidates would ideally have experience of working with large main contractors and will be required to attend client and senior management meetings, therefore excellent communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning all Scaffolding activities from site survey to completion of works, this will include organizing labour, equipment, transport and yard operations.
This Contracts Managers role will require great organisational skills, excellent planning, performance monitoring, efficient contract management, problem solving, motivational and man management skills.
This role will be office based however will include daily site visits, you will be required to liaise with clients, chargehand scaffolders and supervisors to ensure the continued smooth running of all live sites.
This role would require the applicant to have a CISRS Qualification, Full Driving Licence and Basic Computer Skills as a minimum. SSSTS / SMSTS and Scaffold Inspection would be preferable.
The candidate must be capable of meeting the changing demands of any job.
Your role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities;
- Organise Labour and Projects
- Schedule Future Works
- Liaise with Director / Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the day to day business of the company
- Bring in additional resources as and when required
- Attend site to inspect and ensure that all scaffolders are in compliance with site specific / company regulations
- Organise Vehicle Fleet and produce Load Lists
- Develop further business from our existing client base and bring in new business
- Ensure variations to contract are properly documented, priced and billed.
- Assist our Office Manager to ensure prompt booking and billing of ongoing works, and willingly resolve disputes that may arise
- Keep abreast of new legislation, government policy and best practice
- Monitor closely the activity, costs, labour and performance of projects