We are an established scaffolding contractor based in East Anglian, we are highly regarded within our industry. We take on a range of different contracts ranging from private houses, housing to commercial developments, churches, and prestige historical buildings.
HQ – Woolpit, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The role & responsibilities:
As a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining client relationships and commercial projects within the region. You will manage a team of up to 35 - 40 scaffolders and look after commercial projects, deal with recruiting new scaffolders / labourers and develop new and innovative ways of working and put processes in place to ensure projects run smoothly, on time, and within budgets. You will be required to visit various sites diary to check the progress of works and how the scaffolders are getting on.
- You will need strong practical Knowledge of scaffolding process and procedures as well as strong health and safety awareness.
- Be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, and internal staff.
- Be a team player
- Solve problems and be able to work under pressure.
- Train and develop your team's knowledge and skillset further.
- Deal with client tenders and negotiate cost.
- Previous experience is essential
- A valid CISRS card is essential
- Harnesss Inspector certificate essential
- SMSTS, would be an advantage but not essential
- NEBOSH construction would be an advantage but not essential
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety guidelines including CDM regulations
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to manage and build strong working relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible self- starter with ability to prioritise.
- Immediate start
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Van
- Fuel allowance
- Full PPE
- Company Pension
- 30 days annual holiday, including bank holiday’s as we are NASC members.
- Monday to Friday (Hours to be confirmed)
- Contractors Manager within the Scaffolding Industrial for a period of time: 5 years (preferred)