Reporting to the Supervisor or Project Manager, this role is responsible for supporting scaffold operatives on-site.
The Labourer ensures that operatives have materials required to build scaffolding required and that scaffold materials are stored safely and securely.
Scaffold labourers are an essential part of the team and need to have the ability to work well with everyone, to think ahead and plan for what the team needs and ensure they work safely at all times.
About GKR Scaffolding
GKR Scaffolding has been leading the industry with the belief that scaffolding and construction can be safer, more productive and offer rewarding careers for people of all backgrounds and capabilities.
We work on large, iconic construction projects across London and the South East such as Battersea Power Station, Western Yards at Blackfriars and BAFTA, and we previously worked on Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium and The Shard.
We specialise in creating access solutions for complex, high risk environments enabling construction projects to operate safely and productively.
GKR has won awards for our approach to training (including VR safety training), innovative safety and wellbeing programmes, and we were also awarded Project of the Year by the industry for our work on Battersea Power Station.
You can find out more about us online and on social media and see great pictures of our work and our staff.
- To work effectively in a team and follow instructions
- Strictly follow Health and Safety guidelines, ensuring that materials are taken to the place of work safely and help to ensure the working environment is safe.
- Follow instructions in the Daily Task Briefings, and Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Help scaffold operatives meet operational targets for the day.
- Manually unload and load scaffold materials including when delivered, and transport to work or storage areas.
- Select and carry correct materials requested for works, and to plan ahead for any materials required, ensuring they are available as soon as they are needed by the scaffolders to prevent delays and waiting time.
- To lay out materials in the correct areas specified.
- Keep clear work areas and deliver good site housekeeping.
- Ensure that materials are stored correctly and safely in designated areas and that good housekeeping is maintained in the storage area.
- Responsible for taking materials from storage areas to their place of work via use of hoist or walking materials to the erected scaffold zone areas.
- Responsible for the use of the rope and wheel to hoist materials up and down the erected scaffold building.
- Aid slinger signaller by stacking the correct amount of materials for the crane operations.
- To be competent in working in adverse weathers dependant on Health and safety Legislation
- To be aware of team members whilst working on-site at all times and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- Attend Health and Safety updates and briefings and Company scheduled meetings deemed appropriate.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, in line with agreed annual objectives where appropriate and agreed.
- Build effective relationships with others on-site and GKR Scaffolding employees both.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Confident to ask questions to help plan what is needed and check understanding of what is needed.
- Attention to detail and likes to work in a tidy workspace.
- Mature and responsible with an ability to work safely at all times.
- Physically fit and energetic.
- A good team player who can communicate well and get along with the team.
- Interested in developing their capabilities and career in construction.
- Proactive, thinking ahead and wanting to support the team.
- CSCS Green Card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) or CISRS Green Card (Construction Industry Scaffolders Registration Scheme).
- This requires applicants to have passed both the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test and COTS, and have received their Green Card.
- You must be entitled to work in the UK and aged 18 or over.
Please apply via our short application form: www.gkrscaffolding.co.uk/jobs