Pay – Negotiable depending on previous experience.
Job type: Full-time
Weekend availability (To meet demand)
Monday to Friday
- Is an office job not for you?
- Do you enjoy working outside?
- Would you like a physical job where you can lead a team, gain skills and help drive change?
If so, this could be the job for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a yard supervisor to join our team based in East Tilbury.
SMD Scaffolding is based in East Tilbury. We carry out a wide range of projects across London, Essex and the Southeast.
Our Yard Supervisors are crucial, they help us to manage the organisation and efficiency of the yard, embedding a culture of Health & Safety and Quality across the team.
Supervising and Mentoring
- Supervising a team of yard operatives to carry out all yard processes safely and to the correct timescales and standards.
- Training and mentoring new recruits.
- Completion of Point of Work briefings to staff covering task specific requirements, including the completion of Toolbox Talks.
- Carry out and ensure yard Job Sheets are correctly completed.
Supervising the Loading/Unloading of Lorries To Daily Requirements
- Inspect, pick and load scaffolding materials onto vehicles to daily requirements. Some heavy lifting is involved.
- Checking loads for weights and the accuracy of loads against loading lists, ensuring only serviced and fit for purpose equipment has been loaded.
- Ensure all the equipment returned from site is sorted, serviced, and stored neatly ready for re-use.
Health and Safety
- Learning and driving forwards all processes within the yard.
- Encouraging compliance with both statutory and company requirements with regard to Health & Safety
- Report all Accidents/Incidents/Near Misses/Complaints to the SHEQ Team and Line Manager immediately.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment.
- Previous supervisory experience/ construction experience / labouring/ physical outdoor role an advantage.
- Driving licence essential.
- Forklift licence an advantage but not essential.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- Strong team-player who is willing to get involved.
- Problem solving, working on own initiative.
What you will need?
- you will need to be highly motivated.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- The ability to develop processes and improve efficiency.
- Be able to work under pressure.
If you think this is something that appeals to you and if you want to be part of a team which works hard, supports and helps each other, with the opportunity to learn new skills and progress in a successful company then we would love to hear from you.
Hours: 10:00 – 20:00
Job Location: Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury, Essex, RM18 8RH
Salary: To be discussed as this will be dependent on proven experience.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Tilbury: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person