SMD Scaffolding are looking to hire a Yard Manager. Excellent rates of pay to successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Take ownership for the efficient, safe and cost-effective running of the Yard
- Managing a team of up to 10 full time staff, inclusive of Yard Operatives.
- Support with the Training and development of your team and that of the Junior Scaffolding apprentices.
- Maintain compliance with all Company Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Monitor daily vehicle inspections / defect reporting procedures for all drivers and fleet, including vehicle cleanliness and risk assessing vehicle defects identified prior to leaving the Yard.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all paperwork concerning any movement of equipment in & Out of the Yard.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment in an organized fashion (i.e., separation of equipment requiring maintenance to Quarantine area, equipment to be charged to the customer, and equipment that is rent ready).
- Ensure that any damaged equipment is repaired properly before returning into service.
- Ensure stock levels and inventories are communicated daily to each respective head of department.
- Hold daily meetings with Team to discuss daily objectives and safety issues for all Yard and Temporary personnel.
- Maintain a well-organized and safe premises, working in collaboration with Key Stakeholders of the business.
- Ensure all Operatives and Drivers working in the department have all signed and understand the relevant risk assessments and method statements for their given tasks, ensure all operatives has the minimum qualifications to work in the Yard or Transport team.
Please send CV to [email protected], alternatively contact 07808185283.