The Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) will once again be funding a number of subsidised CPD courses across the UK this Summer/Autumn.
CISRS are working with a number of training centres enabling the delivery of CPD programmes for only £50 per delegate.
“As a not-for-profit organisation, CISRS is always keen to find ways of assisting the sector and feels this is a good use of resources, especially at this difficult time”, CISRS said.
The commissioning of these 30+ courses attended by over 400 delegates around the UK, has seen CISRS reinvest in excess of £130K to date in 2021.
Similar funded programmes have been in place since the inception of CPD in 2017.
CISRS has said it will waive the usual costs of the delegate training folders and card application fees normally incurred in the delivery of these courses.
Rick Statham Joint Managing Director of Safety and Access one of the providers taking part in the initiative said: “The funded CPD training from CISRS is a very welcome gesture both to individuals and businesses. Whilst the construction industry is in the main fairly buoyant at the moment, none of us can predict, what’s around the corner, so an opportunity for people to renew their qualifications and therefore remains fully employable for the next 5 years is vital.”
Dave Mosley CISRS Managing Director added: “CISRS CPD has been in place for almost 4 years and has been a great success with around 25,000 operatives attending in that period.
As a trade, scaffolding does not always get the credit it deserves, we have a robust scheme in place and have recognised that CPD is an important part of it. Pressure is mounting from wider industry on those sectors yet to introduce CPD or refresher training their qualifications.
We are currently in the process of reviewing the results of the recent CPD survey which went out in November last year and remained open for 3 months. We will take the responses into consideration, prior to launching phase 2 next summer.”
The subsidised CPD courses will be held at the following centres:
- AIS (Aberdeen) 26th-27th June 2021
- AIS (North Shields) 26th-27th June 2021
- CITB Northern Ireland (Crumlin) 1st-2nd September 2021
- CWIC Swansea 5th-6th July 2021
- Construction College Midlands 18th-19th August 2021
- LTC (Cullompton) 12th-13th August 2021
- LTC (Plymouth) 9th-10th August 2021
- NCC East (Bircham Newton) 12th-13th July 2021
- NCC Scotland (Inchinnan) 6th-7th September 2021
- NCC (Erith) 26th-27th July 2021
- NETA (Stockton) 29th-30th July 2021
- Safety and Access (Nottingham) 26th-27th August 2021
- Safety and Access (Immingham) 31st August – 1st September 2021 • Simian (Warrington) 28th-29th July 2021
- Simian (Waltham Forest) 5th-6th August 2021
- Simian (Weston Super Mare) 23rd-24th August 2021
- Simian Aspects (Coventry) 26th-27th August 2021
- Simian CIST (Anglesey) 8th-9th September 2021
Delegates will need to contact the training centres directly to check availability.
CISRS centre contact details can be found on the CISRS Website