CISRS has announced it will once again, with the support of a group of their approved training centres, be offering a number of subsidised CPD courses across the UK costing just £50.
The funded courses are set to coincide with the launch of CISRS CPD Phase 2 which will go live Monday 1st August 2022.
The requirement to successfully complete the CPD refresher course started in July 2017, when it became mandatory for all Scaffolders and Advanced Scaffolders wishing to renew their cards.
The decision to make the CPD mandatory back in 2017 was initially driven by the HSE through their involvement with the Access and Scaffolding Industry Training Organisation, (ASITO) CISRS accepted that this was the correct decision for such a safety-critical sector.
Although at the time there were other trades which already had similar requirements e.g electricians, CISRS faced opposition from some within the sector following the initial launch.
It was, however, seen by the wider industry as a positive move with CISRS often being cited as an exemplar card scheme.
Since its inception Over 20,000 Operatives have now renewed their CISRS status after successfully completing the 2-day programme.
In the 5 years since its launch, CISRS and its participating training centres have offered a series of subsidised courses which allowed the delegates to attend for only £50, a saving of around £300 per course.
Funded programmes have taken place every year with the exception of 2020 which was hampered by COVID restrictions, however, in order to make up for this, additional courses took place in 2021.
In total 97 of these subsidised CPD courses have been made available at locations up and down the country, benefitting over 1000 individuals and seeing CISRS reinvesting over £300,000 back into its stakeholders, those holding the industry recognised qualification and card.
CISRS Compliance Manager Tony Barry has hosted a series of lunchtime webinars to bring instructors up to speed with the new Phase 2 content.
The subsidised CPD courses will be held at the following centres:
• CWIC (Swansea) 7-8 September 2022
• Construction College Midlands (Birmingham) 14-15 September 2022
• Fulcrum Scaffold Safety & Training (Flintshire) 8-9 September 2022
• LTC (Cullompton) 14-15 November 2022
• LTC (Plymouth) 3-4 October 2022
• NCC East (Bircham Newton) 19-20 September 2022
• NCC Scotland (Inchinnan) 30-31 August 2022
• NCC South (Erith) 1-2 October 2022
• NETA (Stockton) 22-23 August 2022
• Safety and Access (Nottingham) 13-14 October 2022
• Safety and Access (Immingham) 5-6 October 2022
• Simian (Warrington) 13-14 September 2022
• Simian (Waltham Forest) 20-21 October 2022
• Simian (Weston Super Mare) 1-2 September 2022
• Simian Aspects (Coventry) 27-28 September 2022
• Training 2000 (Blackburn) 17-18 August 2022
CISRS has said delegates will need to contact the training centres directly to check availability, with places offered on a first come first served basis.
CISRS centre contact details can be found on the CISRS Website www.cisrs.org.uk