The first NASC Scaffolding Product Innovation Award was announced in the summer of 2016, the awards have attracted entries from a range of NASC hire/sale and contracting members, showcasing a range of innovative scaffolding products developed by their members.
The NASC say the biennial award has been designed to celebrate developments in scaffolding products by NASC member companies.
The confederation has received a total of eight entries from their members. These are comprised of written submissions, photographs, powerpoint slides and videos, and in some cases examples of the actual product:
- Acorn Scaffolding (Yorkshire) Ltd (Creamfields Steel Yard temporary event venue)
- Malvern Scaffolding Ltd (the ‘Malvern Key-Tie’)
- TRAD Scaffolding Co Ltd (a new/revolutionary Gin Wheel)
- Layher Ltd (new Universal Aluminium HD Beam)
- HAKI Scaffolding Ltd (HAKI Decking CADEE system)
- TRAD Hire & Sales Ltd (Plettac Metrix Permanent Advanced Guardrail)
- GKR Scaffolding Ltd (Elimin-8 innovative scaffold fitting)
- Focus Scaffolding Ltd (two and three board hop-up bracket for tube and fitting)
According to a recent press release by the NASC, The primary focus of the judges when assessing the entries will be on innovation, safety and commercial benefit.
Winning and highly commended entries will be announced at the NASC AGM on Friday November 25th, when trophies and certificates will be presented by Des Moore (TRAD Group MD and Chair of the NASC Hire & Sales Committee)
NASC MD Robin James said: “This biennial award has attracted considerable interest and has been well supported by our members. It taps into the ingenious and inventive nature of the NASC membership – who lead the industry in terms of product innovation, with additional safety benefits for users.”
Des Moore, added: “The scaffolding industry is constantly evolving, and product-based hire, sale and manufacturing member companies are at the forefront of driving these changes. As such, we felt it was time to recognise this and champion those companies and individuals who are creating products that make the industry a safer place to work in. We look forward to announcing the winner and runner-up at the NASC AGM.”